Take a picture of student work and attach it to a standard
Bwa-hah! THIS evidence.
It’s here! An election day treat for you. Now you can upload files to ActiveGrade and attach them to scores.
Why is that cool?
In theory, ideally, you are basing the scores and grades and comments you give to student on some work or action they’ve taken. Now you can show student exactly what you’re basing your feedback on. Of course you can upload a document, like a test or paper (maybe it even has your notations on it). In addition you can take a picture of a student project, or the problem they worked out on the board. Maybe you record yourself giving feedback on a paper and attach that to the score.
Just think of the possibilities!
- Students get more detailed feedback and know where their scores are coming from
- Parents get to see what their children are up to and get to understand your feedback methods better
- You can be reminded of why you gave a score and pull up quick documentation to discuss with students
- Students have a portfolio of work to choose from when applying for colleges and it’s all directly attached to specific skills that they know they can demonstrate.
Want to know how it works?
The new Individual Assessment Screen. Add a score, a comment, some evidence or all 3!
- Click on a cell in your gradebook
- Click “Add Assessment”
- Then click “Upload Evidence” or “Choose Existing” (to attach a previously uploaded file)
You can add evidence from the group assessment screen as well. Just click on the document icon next to the desired cell.
But Michal, seriously, this paper my student turned in assessed 5 different skills; I want to upload it 1 time, not 5 times
Well who’s stop’n ya! Not me, I’m sure. In the group assessment screen, after you’ve chosen the standards you assessed, drag the desired file to the student’s name. It will be attached to all the standards for that student.
What’s it cost?
You all just got a free gigabyte of storage added right to your license so you can start uploading today without worry. After that, if you find you want more storage, you can purchase extra quota for approximately $0.99/gigabyte/month. Account owners can do this from their Account Settings Screen. To see all our new pricing plans, visit our pricing page.